Ph.D., Engineering & Applied Industrial Mathematics, GPA: 3.7, May 2010.
- Claremont Graduate University joint with California State University Long Beach
Master of Science in Mathematics, GPA: 3.7, May 2006.
- Specialty - Computational Mathematics & Numerical Analysis
- Claremont Graduate University
Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering, GPA: 3.6, May 1993.
- California State University Long Beach
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, GPA: 3.0, Dec. 1988.
- California State University Long Beach
Registration & Delegation:
Designated Engineering Representative (DER), Dec. 18, 2013+
- Delegated by FAA to approve structural design & static analysis & materials
- CFR 23 Aircraft: A1, A4, H8, P1, P4, I10, J10, Structural & Major Alterations/Major Repairs
- CFR 25 Aircraft: A1, A4, H8, P1, P4, I10, J10, Structural & Major Alterations/Major Repairs
Registered Mechanical Engineer in California, Feb. 14, 1992+
Experience Teaching Engineering:
Associate Professor, Aerospace & Mechanical Engineering, Sep. ‘12 – Present
California State Polytechnic University Pomona, 3801 W. Temple Ave., Pomona, CA, 91768.
Adjunct Professor, Engineering, Sep. ‘02 – May '07
Cypress College, 9200 Valley View Street, Cypress, Ca. 90630.
Purdue’s Boeing Site Coordinator, Sep. ‘03 – Nov. '04
Purdue University, 500 Central Drive, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907.
Experience in Aerospace Engineering & Leadership:
Manager of Commercial Aircraft Stress & Loads Analysis Group, Aug. ‘05 – Sept. 2012
Boeing Commercial Airplanes, 4000 Lakewood Blvd, Long Beach, Ca. 90808
• Managed Strength Analysis, Loads & Durability & Damage Tolerance Teams
• Orchestrated 500% growth of team & leadership in seven years.
• Provided vision, orchestrated growth, diversified leadership, inspired team.
• Implemented organizational changes to align with diverse opportunities.
• Developed and implemented metrics to monitor & enhance performance.
• Supported 737, 747, 757, 767, 777, 787 & MDC Aircraft
• Directed Stress, Fatigue, Damage Tolerance & Finite Element Analysis.
• Supported Fuselage, Floors, Wing, Systems, Interiors, D&DT & other aircraft structures.
• Provided Management Assistance to get Alenia on track for 787 Systems in Naples, Italy in 2012.
Stress Analyst & Team Lead for Boeing Aircraft & Rockets, May '87 – Aug. ‘05
Boeing IDS @ 5301 Bolsa Ave., HB, Ca. 92647 & Boeing CAS @ 3855 Lakewood Blvd, LB, Ca. 90846
• Led teams of 11 to 19 analysts for Composite Rocket & Metallic Aircraft Structural Analysis.
• Supported 25+ successful launches in various roles.
• Performed NASTRAN, PATRAN, & ABAQUS FEA & classical hand stress analysis.
• Supported Delta II, III & IV Rockets & Scramjet Enginer Demonstrator (X-51A Waverider).
• Responsible for Delta II Fairing, Delta III Fairing, Payload Adapter & Interstage, & Delta IV Interstage, LOX Skirt, Centerbody, X-Panels, Thermal Shield, & Aeroskirt.
• Directed full-scale qualification & component testing of composite & metallic components & structures.
• Supported MD-11, MD-90, & KC-10 Nose, Fuselage & Empennage structures.
• Performed Crashworthiness, Floatation, & Rapid Decompression analysis of MD-11 & derivatives.
Experience as Engineering Consultant:
Engineering Consultant DER & Stress Analyst (Part Time), Sep. ‘12 – Present
Consultant DER, Expert Stress Analysis Support & Guidance, & Expert Witness
• Provided 8110-3 Structural Approval for 23+ Major Modifications.
• Provided 8110-3 Structural Approval for 95+ Repairs.
• Provided 8110-3 Structural Approval for 12+ Major Alterations.
• Provided 8110-3 Structural Approval for 5+Test Plans with 2 Test Witness Delagations.
• Personally prepared 50+ stress reports substantiating various repairs.
• Provided management support, guidance, and team-building support to some clients.
• Provided analysis, design & certification support for transport, sport & utility airplances & rotorcraft.
• Provided expert-witness support as needed.
Chief Engineering Consultant, (Part Time), Sept. ’93 – Oct. ‘03
Advanced Metals Systems, 15162 Goldenwest Circle, Westminster, Ca. 92683.
• Engineering design, drafting, and analysis.
• Phase I & II Navy SBIR contracts making thermal battery pellets with powdered metallurgy methods.
• Phase I Air Force SBIR contract making Near-Net-Shape Aircraft Parts using powdered metallurgy.
• Secured $200K CalTip funding for client’s research, marketing, & commercialization.
• Developed Thermal Battery business plan for client under Navy’s Commercialization Assistance Program.
• Designed, analyzed & built 1000 ton press, inert enclosure chamber, & other tooling to implement innovative powdered metallurgy procedure for prototyping uses.
Chief Engineering Consultant, (Part Time), Jan. ’03 – Sep. ‘03
Atlas Specialty Products, 2299 E. Winston Road, Anaheim, Ca. 92806.
• Engineering support for manufacture of hydraulic fittings & statistical process control.
Outside Leadership Experience:
Bridges Church, 3435 San Anseline Ave., Long Beach, CA, 90808.
• 2005 – 2011: Elder – Church Vision, Direction, Administration, Teaching, & Shepherding.
• 2000-2007: Board of Directors - Collectively Responsible for Business & Administration of Church Affairs.
Community Service & Outreach:
Humanitarian & Mission Trips with e3 Partners
• Ethiopia: Arba Minch in 2016, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010; Shashamene in 2009, 2007; Woliso in 2003.
• Ecuador: Latacunga in 2008.
• Cuba: Pinar Del Rio in 2003; Santa Clara in 2001.
• India: Guwahatti in 2001; Imphal in 2000.
Humanitarian & Mission Trips with Bridges Church
• Mexico: Tijuana in 2004.
• Counsellor, Royal Family Kids Camp; 2004, 2003, 2002, 2001, 2000, 1999, 1998.
• 1996-2001 Cub Scout Den Leader @ Grace Christian School
• 1995-1998 President of Chess Club @ Boeing Long Beach & Huntington Beach.